BASES Certified Exercise Practitioner
BASES Certified Exercise Practitioner (CEP) is a professional certification providing recognition for exercise professionals with a sport and exercise science degree. CEP establishes the credibility of practitioners who can demonstrate the necessary practical vocational knowledge and skills to work effectively in a clinical exercise environment, underpinned by an academic qualification to degree level.
To apply for BASES Certified Exercise Practitioner, you will need to meet the following criteria:
1. BASES membership (professional or graduate or student)
2. Undergraduate degree in sport and/or exercise science that is either;
- BASES endorsed (BUES) or
- Includes a suite of studies in physiology, psychology and movement analysis (biomechanics/motor behaviour) that meets BUES criteria (See Appendix 1 ).
3. Demonstrate practical vocational knowledge and skills by holding an advanced exercise instructors’ qualification in one of the following:
- At least one of the following: Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) Level 4 Recognised Qualification (i.e. course is recognised as REPs Level 4 and specialist exercise instructor courses only) or Chartered Institute for the Management of Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) endorsed programmes covering the professional standard working with people with long-term conditions.
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist (EP-C)
4. Members are advised to attend an appropriate safeguarding children and vulnerable adults workshop if required by the nature of their work.
BASES Certified Exercise Practitioner accreditation lasts for 3 years, at which point members will be required to renew.
Click here for an application form. Fee is £15.00.
Click here for a renewal form. Fee is £10.00.
To maintain certification this must be renewed every three years with a minimum of 36 CPD hours gained through attending for example BASES workshops, BASES conference, REPs recognised courses or relevant non-BASES CPD. Please provide a list of where your hours have been obtained.
Click here for FAQs