BASES Conference Grants
Offered: 5 each year (one per Division)
BASES Membership Category: Professional (for the past 2
Closing Date: Deadline for free communication abstract
Available: Within 8 weeks from the abstract submission deadline
Aim of grant
BASES Conference Grants aim
to assist researchers to present free communications at the BASES
Conference. Five grants are available (one per Division).
The value of the grant is the price of one BASES member residential package delegate fee for the BASES Annual Conference, thus covering the cost of conference registration for both days of the conference, one night accommodation and attendance at the gala dinner.
How to apply
Members wishing to apply for a BASES Conference Grant must indicate this on their online abstract submission form when submitting an abstract for the BASES Conference. Members will be asked to provide details of their engagement with BASES.
- The applicant is a Professional Member of BASES and has been for
the past 2 years.
- The applicant is the presenting author.
- The applicant has read the Terms and Conditions of the BASES
- Only free communications presentations are eligible. Poster and
5 slides in 5 minutes presentations are not eligible.
- The applicant has not received a BASES Conference Grant within
the past 3 years.
- The applicant will need to apply for the grant when submitting
the abstract via the on-line submission form. S/he will be asked to detail
her/his engagement with BASES (150 words maximum).
- ĎEngagement with BASESí means being involved with the
Association and undertaking activities with BASES including: holding
accreditation; being a supervised experience supervisor and/or reviewer;
serving on a committee/task group; attending conferences, events, the HoDs
Forum, workshops and/or webinars; being an expert statement author/reviewer;
being a Journal of Sports Sciences and/or The Sport and Exercise Scientist
author and/or reviewer.
- Each application is assessed against the following criteria: the
impact and interest of the abstract; and the applicantís engagement with BASES.
- The five BASES Divisions are: Biomechanics and Motor Behaviour;
Physical Activity for Health, Psychology; Physiology and Nutrition; Sport and
- In making an application for a grant, the applicant agrees to
abide by each of the terms and conditions contained within this schedule, upon
and following any award of a grant.
- This schedule, together with the requirements set out in the
application guidelines and any subsequent grant offer letter, constitute the
agreement between BASES and the recipient.
- BASES Conference Grants are to cover 2-day residential conference packages. If the author registers for only 1-day conference attendance,
the grant will be pro-rated accordingly.
- The grant recipients are responsible for registering themselves
for the BASES Conference.
- BASES reserves the right to publish wining abstracts in The
Sport and Exercise Scientist.
- The grant awarded shall not be used for any purpose other than
that stated in the grant offer letter.
- Recipients of a grant can only apply for a grant every 3 years.
- The grants are awarded by the Division Chairs.
- The decision is final in all cases and no correspondence will be
- Grants will not be made in the absence of submissions of
- Presenters shall use the BASES PowerPoint Title Slide.
- To receive the grant recipients of a grant shall within 4 weeks
of the grant award letter submit an expense claim form, including proof of
conference registration to the Office Manager, email@example.com.
- If an expense claim form is not received within 4 weeks of the
grant award letter, recipients will not receive the grant and will be
ineligible for funding again.
- The payment of a grant is subject, at all times, to BASES being satisfied
that all these conditions are being complied with. Failure to do so may result
in grant entitlements being rescinded, and grant payments having to be refunded