BASES Fellowship is
considered an accolade that individuals aspire to and an honour that people are
proud of and is valued. For 'FBASES' to be placed after someone's name, it
should denote a passion and commitment to BASES and sport and exercise
sciences. It is expected that BASES Fellows will act as leaders and
ambassadors for the Association.
BASES Fellowship is awarded to recognise esteemed professional
achievement, skills, knowledge and service to BASES and the sport and exercise
science community and encourages continued service to BASES in leadership and
What are the criteria for a Fellowship?
- Professional Member of BASES (or Retired Member)
- Professional Member of BASES for at least 8 consecutive years at the time of application or at least 8 years of professional membership in the last 12 years, where membership has been suspended due to a career break.
- Hold a doctoral qualification (e.g. PhD, Professional Doctorate) in a relevant discipline
- Written support from two BASES Fellows
- Completion of the BASES Fellowship Application Form, meeting the minimum
requirements in Sections 4 and 5 or, alternatively, section 6 of the BASES
Fellowship Application Form
- Approval of the Board.
How do I apply for a Fellowship?
- E-mail the completed BASES Fellowship Application Form to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 July. Only information contained within the application form will be
- Secure two letters of support from BASES Fellows on the applicant's
professional achievement, skills, knowledge and service to BASES and the sport
and exercise science community. Having obtained their agreement, the applicant should forward them a copy of his/her completed application form, requesting a confidential letter of support to be sent directly to the BASES Office
- Letters of support should state that they have read the application form and certify that to the best of their knowledge the information supplied in the application form is correct. Letters of support need to be received by the BASES Office by 31 July. If both letters of support are not received by 31 July, then the application will not proceed
- The Board makes the final decision.
Successful applicants will be
announced at the BASES Annual Conference and awarded their Fellowship
certificate and pin badge. If an applicant is not present, then his/her
certificate and pin badge will be posted by the BASES Office.
For a list of current Fellowships please click here .