UKAD Clean Sport Connect webinar series
9th August 2022
12th October 2022 - UKAD Clean Sport Connect Webinar Series
Register here: 12th October: Clean Sport Connect Tickets, Multiple Dates | Eventbrite
Speaker: Prof Sue Backhouse (5-10 minutes)
Overview of BASES and UKAD Strategic Partnership Agreement. How we are working together to promote clean sport and raise awareness of issues relating to doping and performance-enhancing drugs.
WADA Prohibited List expert session:
Speaker: Dr Irene Mazzoni, WADA Associate Director of the Prohibited List/Science and Medicine (20 minutes)
- Following an introduction, Dr Irene will provide a brief overview of how the Prohibited List is collated every year.
- Dr Irene will provide a general overview on the deliberation of adding and/or removing substances from the list
Speaker: Ellen Gregson, UKAD Science Manager (20 minutes)
- Ellen will provide an overview of the role UKAD plays in the annual review of the Prohibited List
- Ellen will then outline any major changes to the Prohibited List. (Specific details of this section of the presentation will be outlined closer to the event.)
Exploring a performance enhancing drug:
Speaker: Dr Alexis ‘Lex’ Mauger (20 minutes)
Dr Alexis Mauger is an exercise physiologist currently lecturing at the University of Kent. Lex’s predominate research focuses on studying the relationship between exercise-induced pain and fatigue. One of his main projects is funded by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) and investigates the performance enhancing effects of analgesics (painkillers) in endurance sport.
- Following an introduction, this section will start with Dr Alexis Mauger providing a quick overview of his background and research interests.
- We will then ask Dr Alexis Mauger to present the findings of his latest project
To be moderated by Prof Sue Backhouse (15 minutes)
BASES members will be credited with 2 CPD points for attending this webinar.