The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Advisory Board - Nutrition Rep position available
19th March 2019
There is a position available on The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Advisory Board to cover the area of Nutrition (and work alongside the other representative covering this area).
If you are energetic, highly organised, detail-oriented and up-to-date with current developments, then a position on The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Advisory Board may be for you.
The person appointed will take over responsibility for identifying relevant articles and appropriate authors, and reviewing the content of the publication.
There are four 90-minute reviewing and planning phone-meetings per year and e-mail correspondence in between.
How to apply
The application deadline is Monday 1 April.
Please email email@example.com with:
1. A brief CV
2. A brief overview of relevant information about your suitability for the post based on the person specification and abilities listed below.
Please contact the Editor, Dr Claire Hitchings (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Familiarity with current issues within sport and exercise sciences
- Good degree (or equivalent)
- BASES member
- Normally be expected to be BASES accredited or be able to demonstrate an equivalent level of experience and competence.
- Able to identify potential hot topic articles and authors
- Able to identify appropriate articles from a variety of expert sources
- Strong editing, proofreading and fact-checking skills
- Excellent organisational, time management, communication, interpersonal and writing skills
- Able to work closely with others in a team environment and independently.
- Able to achieve targets with tight deadlines
- Able to network and build relationships with potential authors and BASES members.