Opportunity to get involved in BASES’ Division Committees and Advisory Groups
13th April 2023
Several volunteers have now concluded their terms on BASES’ Standing Committees and Advisory Groups, and we are currently going out to open advert for the following roles:
- Division Committee – Biomechanics and Motor Behaviour: Undergraduate Student Rep*
- Division Committee - Physiology and Nutrition: Undergraduate Student Rep*
- Division Committee – Psychology: Undergraduate Student Rep*
- Division Committee - Sport and Performance: Postgraduate Student Rep* and Undergraduate Student Rep*
* Division Student Reps (Postgrad and Undergrad) also sit on the BASES Student Advisory Group.
The respective terms of reference can be found here.
The appointment of the Division Reps will be via a formal, open and transparent recruitment process, with the aim of attracting the widest range of the most suitable talent. At BASES, we are committed to Fairness, Professionalism, Honesty, Responsibility and Excellence. We strive to improve our ways of working to be more inclusive and diverse, to accelerate our impact on society and live up to our Values. We acknowledge that we lack representation from various underrepresented groups and therefore strongly encourage applications that will amplify the voices of people with a disability, those from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds, women or gender diverse people in STEMM and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Please notify the Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you require reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.
To apply for any of these current vacancies, please submit a maximum of two pages of A4, outlining:
- why you are volunteering for this role,
- what skills and experience you would bring to the Committee / Advisory Group,
- how you will improve equity, diversity, and inclusion within the context of the Committee / Advisory Group you are applying for,
- and any ideas you have about moving forward the work and priorities of the Committee / Advisory Group.
Please email this to email@example.com by 10 am Friday 5 May 2023. Please mark this email as confidential and within the subject header, please add the name of the Division Committee you are expressing an interest in.