BASES Board has recently agreed to establish a BASES Outreach Project Team, the
aim of which is to increase public engagement and awareness of BASES. The
Outreach Project will focus on BASES and the work of its members across
research and applied practice in Sport and Exercise Sciences.
want to develop a BASES outreach offering that informs, engages and inspires,
and as such, it is important that we engage with as many people as possible.
To take this work forward Prof. John Dickinson FBASES is convening
a BASES Outreach Project Team of around eight BASES members.
If you would like to volunteer to join this Team, please can you send a one-page
expression of interest to email@example.com
by noon on 1st September 2021
Within this expression of interest, please explain:
- why you are volunteering;
- what skills and expertise you would bring to the Team;
- what ideas you have about the actions that the Association could consider to
Please mark this email as ‘confidential’ and include Expression of Interest – BASES Outreach Project
within the subject header.
It is envisaged that members of the Team will donate on average an hour of
their time every week to the project. In the first instance, the priorities will
be working together to:
- Develop an action plan to embed outreach into the BASES Annual and Student
- Develop a proposal to the board for an annual BASES outreach fund for
members to apply to.
- Develop outreach resources to engage with primary and
Thank you for considering this opportunity.