Opportunity to become involved in the BASES Outreach Project Team
21st July 2021
The BASES Board has recently agreed to establish a BASES Outreach Project Team, the aim of which is to increase public engagement and awareness of BASES. The Outreach Project will focus on BASES and the work of its members across research and applied practice in Sport and Exercise Sciences.
We want to develop a BASES outreach offering that informs, engages and inspires, and as such, it is important that we engage with as many people as possible.To take this work forward Prof. John Dickinson FBASES is convening a BASES Outreach Project Team of around eight BASES members.
If you would like to volunteer to join this Team, please can you send a one-page expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on 1st September 2021. Within this expression of interest, please explain:
- why you are volunteering;
- what skills and expertise you would bring to the Team;
- what ideas you have about the actions that the Association could consider to implement.
Please mark this email as ‘confidential’ and include Expression of Interest – BASES Outreach Project Team within the subject header.
It is envisaged that members of the Team will donate on average an hour of their time every week to the project. In the first instance, the priorities will be working together to:
- Develop an action plan to embed outreach into the BASES Annual and Student conferences
- Develop a proposal to the board for an annual BASES outreach fund for members to apply to.
- Develop outreach resources to engage with primary and secondary schools
Thank you for considering this opportunity.