Opportunities to get involved in BASES’ Division Committees and Advisory Groups
26th October 2023
Several volunteers have now concluded their terms on BASES’ Standing Committees and Advisory Groups, and we are currently going out to open advert for the following roles:
- Psychology Division Committee: CPD Rep**, Membership Rep, Postgraduate Student Rep* and Undergraduate Student Rep*
- Sport and Performance Division Committee: Undergraduate Student Rep*
- Clinical Exercise Physiology UK Group: 2 x End-user Reps and Allied Health Professional Rep
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Advisory Group: 2 x Undergraduate Reps
- Expert Statement Advisory Group: Member (biomechanics specialism)
- Sport & Exercise Psychology Accreditation Advisory Group (SEPAR AG): Deputy Chair, Reviewer Rep, Candidate Rep and 2 x End-User Reps
- The Sport and Exercise Science Editorial Group: Nutrition Rep, Social Media Rep, Physiology and Nutrition Rep, Expert Statement Rep, and Learning & Teaching Rep
* Division Student Reps (Postgrad and Undergrad) also serve on the BASES Student Advisory Group (SAG).
** Psychology Division CPD Rep will also serve on the Sport & Exercise Psychology Accreditation Advisory Group (SEPAR AG) as CPD Rep.
The respective terms of reference can be found here.
The appointment of the above roles will be via a formal, open and transparent recruitment process, with the aim of attracting the widest range of the most suitable talent. At BASES, we are committed to Fairness, Professionalism, Honesty, Responsibility and Excellence. We strive to improve our ways of working to be more inclusive and diverse, to accelerate our impact on society and live up to our Values. We acknowledge that we lack representation from various underrepresented groups and therefore strongly encourage applications that will amplify the voices of people with a disability, those from culturally and ethnically diverse backgrounds, women or gender diverse people in STEMM and members of the LGBTQIA+ community. Please notify the Chief Executive Officer (email@example.com) if you require reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.
If you would like to discuss any of the above roles in more detail, before making an application, please email the Chief Executive Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To apply for any of these current vacancies, please submit a maximum of two pages of A4, outlining:
- why you are volunteering for this role,
- what skills and experience you would bring to the Committee / Advisory Group,
- how you will improve equity, diversity, and inclusion within the context of the Committee / Advisory Group you are applying for,
- and any ideas you have about moving forward the work and priorities of the Committee / Advisory Group.
Please email this to email@example.com by 10 am on Monday 20 November 2023. Please mark this email as confidential and within the subject header, please add the name of the Committee or Advisory Group that you are expressing an interest in.