Only two weeks are now left to secure your early bird delegate rates for BASES Conference 2018 (prices available until Friday 14 September 2018).
BASES Conference 2018 is taking place at Harrogate Convention Centre, North Yorkshire, Tuesday 27 - Wednesday 28 November.
- Two-day sport and exercise science programme packed with world-leading insight and experience
- World-class conference venue located in the beautiful Victorian spa town of Harrogate
- Rub shoulders with world-leading experts and the UKs largest sport and exercise science network
- Five BASES CPD credits per day
Parallel symposia topics include:
- Research Excellence Framework 2021: key criteria and working methods Prof Marie Murphy FBASES and Prof Bill Baltzopoulos FBASES
- Self-control in sport and exercise settings Dr Ian Taylor and Dr Chris Englert
- The biomechanics of football: from performance to injury mechanisms and rehabilitation Dr Neal Smith and Prof Jim Richards
- Talent identification and acquisition in elite sport settings Dr Marije Elferink-Gemser, Dr Ben Holliss, English Institute of Sport and Elliott Newell
- High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): from health to high performance Dr Kathryn Weston and Prof Jens Bangsbo
- Exploring the “grey area” between mentally tough environments and perceptions of bullying Prof Lew Hardy FBASES, Dr Emma Kavanagh and Dr James Bell
- Clinical exercise physiology: new insights into the role of exercise in cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation Prof Sally Singh and Dr Gavin Sandercock
- Inter-individual variability in sport and exercise: implications for training programmes and precision medicine Prof Yannis Pitsiladis and Prof Greg Atkinson
- Concussion and
impact injuries in sport: key issues and controversies Dr Carolyn Emery and Dr Willie Stewart
- The gut microbiome: a new focus for exercise, nutrition and health Dr Sharon Madigan and Dr Jamie Pugh
View the full conference programme here
Conference Invited Keynote Speakers:
Professor Steven N. Blair, University of South Carolina
Professor Jens Bangsbo, University of Copenhagen
The latest two issues (Summer and Autumn) of The Sport and Exercise Scientist feature interviews with the two keynote speakers. Login into the Members' Area to view.
Join the events Facebook group and keep up-to-date by using #BASESCON18
Register for the BASES Conference 2018.