Callout to join the BASES Scientific Programme Committee deadline 3 May
10th April 2019
BASES wishes to appoint seven representatives to the BASES Annual Conference Scientific Programme Committee. All successful applicants will serve a term of two years covering the BASES Conferences in 2020 and 2021.
The following positions are being recruited for:
- Deputy Chair
- Division Representative:
- Biomechanics and Motor Behaviour
- Physical Activity for Health
- Physiology and Nutrition
- Sport and Performance
The Scientific Programme Committee consists of seven BASES professional members who are appointed by the BASES Board.
The main functions of the Scientific Programme Committee include:
- To design the programme of the BASES Annual Conference.
- To nominate and invite keynote speakers.
- To chair sessions at the BASES Annual Conference.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support BASES to deliver a high-quality Annual Conference programme.
- Attend meetings to organise the conference programme (1 in-person at the Annual Conference; 3 by teleconference).
- Respond to e-mails in a timely fashion (ideally the same day).
Tom Holden, BASES Executive Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Please e-mail the application form to the BASES office manager, email@example.com by Friday 3 May 2019 with a brief overview of why you are a suitable candidate; outlining how you meet the job specification above.