BASES are seeking a BASES Accredited member, with expertise or background in biomechanics, to join the BASES Accreditation Committee. The Accreditation Committee is responsible for all aspects of the Accreditation, Chartered Scientist and Supervised Experience schemes, including quality assurance and reviewing.
As a member of the Committee you will earn 10 BASES CPD credits per year.
• Specialist knowledge or expertise within the biomechanics sub-disciplines of sport and exercise science
• Accredited for at least 5 years
• Experience of assessment using competency based frameworks.
Committee meetings are normally held twice a year (via online conference call). Additional deliberations may be conducted via e-mail between meetings, as required.
Term of Office:
All officers shall normally hold post for a three year period.
• A fee is provided for reviewing accreditation and re-accreditation applications
• When applicable, travel expenses for Committee members are reimbursed according to the policies and procedures of BASES.
Please e-mail your completed application form to email@example.com by Friday 5 July
For more information on the role, please email enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why get involved?
BASES is a professional membership association that relies heavily on the work of volunteers. Getting involved in committee work can be a highly enjoyable and rewarding activity. A sample of individuals who already contribute to BASES gave their reasons why…
“I want to contribute to the lead UK professional body”
“It helps develop my skills and career”
“It’s a good way to network and be at the cutting edge of developments”
“It’s good to be involved in decision-making”