BASES is pleased to announce the launch of its updated Career Guide: ‘A Guide to Careers in Sport and Exercise Science’.
The BASES Career Guide, developed in partnership with Human Kinetics, includes 52 pages of guidance and information for anyone interested in a career in sport and exercise sciences. All BASES members receive full, unrestricted access to the online version on the BASES website.
We hope the BASES Career Guide will serve as a useful and informative resource, whether you are:
- Considering sport and exercise science as a possible career
- Interested in studying sport and exercise science at university
- Currently studying sport and exercise science and thinking about what to do next
- An early career professional keen to progress your career
- Involved in providing career support and advice.
What to expect:
- Resources, information and advice to help you decide what undergraduate or postgraduate course is right for you
- Views, tips and advice from BASES members: practitioners, researchers, lecturers, students and other professionals within the industry who have ‘been there and done that’
- Common career paths for sport and exercise science graduates
- 16 job profiles – written by professionals working in the sector – to give you an insight into what each role entails and what qualifications, training and experience you will need if you want to pursue that career
- Advice on how you can be pro-active during your studies to improve your chances of landing that dream job in the future
- And much more!
To view the full version of the BASES Career Guide, login to the Members’ Area of the BASES website and head to the BASES Career Guide page within the Resource Library.
Non-members can view a summarised version of the BASES Career guide here (it excludes job profiles).
We hope you find the BASES Career Guide beneficial.