We are now accepting applications for International Conference Grants:
Target BASES Membership Category: Professional
Apply for this grant: Click here to download the application form
Aim of grant
The BASES International Conference Grants aim to assist researchers to present free communications at international sport and exercise science-related scientific conferences. Three grants for up to a total of £500 each are available.
- The applicant is a Professional Member of BASES for the past two years.
- The applicant is the presenting author.
- The applicant has read the Terms and Conditions of the BASES International Conference Grants.
- The applicant can certify at the time of application that the abstract has been accepted as a free communication presentation at the conference detailed in the application form. Poster presentations are not eligible.
- The abstract must be the only one submitted by the applicant for the grant. Application forms containing more than one abstract will not be considered.
- The applicant has not submitted a BASES International Conference Grant application within the past year.
- The applicant has not received a BASES International Conference Grant within the past 3 years.
- The conference has not taken place at the time of applying and is held outside the UK.
- The applicant must submit the International Conference Grant application form. Only information contained within the application form will be considered.
- Within four weeks of receiving the grant award letter, recipients shall contact Dr Claire Hitchings (email@example.com) to propose an article submission for The Sport and Exercise Scientist.
- Within six weeks of attending the conference, the recipient shall submit the article which has been agreed with the Editor for publication in The Sport and Exercise Scientist.
- Each application is assessed against the following criteria:
- The calibre and relevance of the international sport and exercise science-related scientific conference;
- the impact and interest of the abstract;
- the applicant’s service to BASES
|Closing Date||Applicable conferences||Results due||TSES article deadline |
|1 Mar ||The American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) conference, The European Congress of Sport Science (ECSS); or other international conferences taking place between 1 February and 31 July||April||15 Sept (Winter issue)|
|1 June||The Association for Applied Sport Psychology (AASP) conference; or other international conferences taking place between 1 August and 31 January||July||15 March (Summer issue)|