International Conference Grants
Number Offered: 3 each year
Target BASES Membership Category: Professional (for the past two years)
Application Closing Date: 1 March, 1 June, 1 September
Apply for this grant: Click here to download the application form
Results Available: Within a month of the application closing date
Previous Winners: Click here
Aim of grant
The BASES International Conference Grants aim to assist researchers to present free communications at international sport and exercise science-related scientific conferences. Three grants for up to a total of £500 each are available.
- The applicant is a Professional Member of BASES for the past two years.
- The applicant is the presenting author.
- The applicant has read the Terms and Conditions of the BASES International Conference Grants.
- The applicant can certify at the time of application that the abstract has been accepted as a free communication presentation at the conference detailed in the application form. Poster presentations are not eligible.
- The abstract must be the only one submitted by the applicant for the grant. Application forms containing more than one abstract will not be considered.
- The applicant has not submitted a BASES International Conference Grant application within the past year.
- The applicant has not received a BASES International Conference Grant within the past 3 years.
- The conference has not taken place and is normally outside the UK.
- The applicant must submit the International Conference Grant application form. Only information contained within the application form will be considered.
- Within four weeks of receiving the grant award letter, recipients shall contact Dr Claire Hitchings (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss the submission of an article for The Sport and Exercise Scientist.
- Each application is assessed against the following criteria:
- The calibre and relevance of the international sport and exercise science-related scientific conference;
- the impact and interest of the abstract;
- the applicant’s service to BASES