BASES Applied Practitioner Award - deadline 30 November
9th October 2018
Number Offered: 1 each year
Target BASES Membership Category: Accredited
Application Closing Date: 30 November
Apply for this award: Click here to download the application form
Results Available: Within 8 weeks of the application closing date
Previous winners: Click here
Aim of award
The award acknowledges outstanding and innovative service delivery in sport and/or exercise science by BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientists. The award is £400.
- The applicant must be a Professional member of BASES for at least three years.
- The applicant must be a BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientist.
- The applicant must submit the BASES Applied Practitioner Award application form. Only information contained within the application form will be considered.
- Each application is assessed against the following criteria: Qualifications; employment and experience; work philosophy; problem solving and interdisciplinarity, communications, self-evaluation, and continuing professional development.
- Applications not adhering to the award criteria will not be marked.
- The decision is final in all cases and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This award will not be made in the absence of submissions of sufficient merit.
- The applicant must submit 1 electronic copy of the required documents to the BASES Office by the closing date.
- Within two months of receiving the award letter, the recipient of the award shall submit an article (1,500 words maximum) for consideration for The Sport and Exercise Scientist or host a BASES-HK webinar. The emphasis of the article or webinar should be on contributing to the continuing professional development of sport and exercise scientists by promoting evidence-based practice.