Apply to be the Chair of the SEPAR Advisory Group
26th October 2021
As you may be aware, the SEPAR Advisory Group (SEPAR AG) oversees the governance structure for the SEPAR qualification and it reports into the BASES Professional Standards Committee.
The role of Chair of the SEPAR Advisory Group will become vacant in March 2022. In preparation for this, BASES is looking to recruit into this role by mid-December, to ensure the new Chair has the opportunity to work with the current Chair and to observe the next Advisory Group meeting which will be held in January. The incoming Chair will then fully lead the SEPAR AG from March 2022 and will chair the following SEPAR AG meeting in July 2022. It will also give the candidate the opportunity to become familiar with current changes and projects being undertaken at present, for when they take over the post.
The key duties for the SEPAR AG Chair will include the following:
- To provide direction, support and coordination to the SEPAR AG;
- To chair the biannual SEPAR AG meetings usually in January and July;
- With the support of the two external examiners and committee members, to confirm reviewer recommendations to candidate progress;
- With fellow SEPAR AG members, to be responsible for maintaining and developing the reputation and profile of the SEPAR;
- To periodically determine whether the service meets members’ and end users’ needs and expectations;
- To support the BASES Operational Team with any technical queries regarding the SEPAR process, dealing with issues as and when they arise;
- To receive and respond to learner complaints and academic appeals;
- To support the production of an Advisory Group report for inclusion in the BASES Annual Report.
If you are interested in becoming the SEPAR AG Chair (normally for a three year tenure) then please submit your expression of interest (no longer than 1 page A4) outlining how you will best represent this role. Applicants must be Professional members of BASES, be registered with the HCPC and be familiar with the criteria required by the HCPC for registration.
Please find the respective Advisory Group terms of reference here (Appendix AG5, pages 38-39, Appendix AG6, pages 40-41)
Please submit your expression of interest by Friday 12 November 2021 to email@example.com. In the meantime, should you have any questions about the role, then please contact the current SEPAR AG chair, Prof Richard Thelwell FBASES (firstname.lastname@example.org).