BASES Student Webinar Series
4th October 2023
In the lead up to the 2024 BASES Student Conference, we would like to dedicate a series of webinars ‘The BASES Student Webinar Series’ to support and aid learning for students, at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
BASES will be hosting seven webinars which will run from October 2023 through to April 2024, providing at least one webinar per month. All webinars will be delivered through Zoom and will be approximately 1 hour long.
The webinar presenters range from BASES Fellows, BASES Division Committee Members to BASES Professional Members and Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientists.
The webinars include:
- BASES PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE: A PROVOCATURE, presented by Prof Dave Broom FBASES and Prof Andy Smith MBE FBASES (25/10/23).
- Making a career with a degree in Sport and Exercise Sciences, presented by Prof John Dickinson FBASES (29/11/23).
- Avoiding common errors in your thesis’ for both PG and UG, presented by Prof Mike Price FBASES (13/12/23).
- 'Career journeys in Sport and Exercise Science - case studies from the Physiology and Nutrition division committee’, presented by Dr Lindsay Bottoms FBASES, Dr Andy Galbraith and Dr Alan Ruddock FBASES (10/01/24).
- Sports science innovations for football performance; translating theory to practice in a premier league club, presented by Prof Warren Gregson (TBC for Jan / Feb 2024).
- How to keep calm and carry on coping, presented by Prof Tracey Devonport FBASES (28/02/24).
- Cutting through the confusion: using accelerometers in physical activity research, presented by Prof Stuart Fairclough FBASES (20/03/24).
Webinars are free for all BASES members, there is a £5 fee for non-members. Become a student member for as little as £24 annually and be part of the BASES Student Webinar Series and also receive a number of exclusive member benefits!
BASES members earn 2 CPD credits by registering for and watching a webinar.