Employer: University of Wolverhampton & Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
Reference: MRes/WWFC SS 2019
Bursary: £6250 to cover full tuition fees for full-time study of the MRes Sport and Exercise (Home/EU; 1 year max)
Contract: Part time
The University of Wolverhampton are offering two fully funded bursary opportunities (Academy Assistant Sport Scientist) in partnership with Wolverhampton Wanderers Football Club, for applicants interested in studying the MRes Sport and Exercise at the University of Wolverhampton.
The bursary will cover full tuition fee costs for full-time study of the MRes Sport and Exercise (Home/EU; 1 year max) and in exchange you will work part-time within Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Academy. While undertaking this work successful applicants will be supervised and mentored by a UKSCA accredited member of staff. The bursary will enable the successful recipient to gain experience in working within a professional sport environment alongside their MRes Sport and Exercise studies.Role Description:
To assist with delivering and monitoring on-field physical conditioning and gym-based Strength and Conditioning support services to youth players at Wolverhampton Wanderers FC.
Applicant suitability for the above role will be determined based on the following criteria:Qualifications:
1. Undergraduate Degree in Sports Science (2:1 minimum)
2. Working towards a UKSCA or NSCA CSCS Accreditation having the ability to obtain within 6 months of being in post.Experience:
1. Experience delivering warm-up, cool-down, flexibility, core strength and stability, speed, agility, sprint training and coaching Olympic weightlifting to a high professional standard
2. Experience of working in a sporting environment supporting athletes in a Strength and Conditioning capacity
3. Experience of how to modify and develop conditioning programmes according to the results of specific needs analysis.Personal Qualities:
1. A personality that brings a positive impact to our elite environment
2. Be proactive networking with fellow sports science practitioners sharing information and ideas of how to improve practice
3. Excellent presentation and communication skills that can motivate behavioural change to have a positive impact on performance.
Applicants must be accepted on to the full-time MRes Sport & Exercise course at the University of Wolverhampton.
Information about the MRes Sport & Exercise can be found here: http://courses.wlv.ac.uk/course.asp?code=SR024P31...
Information about the bursary can be found here: https://www.wlv.ac.uk/about-us/our-schools-and-in...
Vacancy website address
Vacancy email address: firstname.lastname@example.org