Employer: University of Wolverhampton / Wolverhampton Wanderers FC
Reference: MRes/WWFC SS 2018
Contract Type: Full Time
University of Wolverhampton
Compton Training Ground, Wolverhampton
To work as an assistant sport scientist (Strength & Conditioning) at the Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Academy.
Applicant suitability for the above role will be determined based on the following criteria:
1. Undergraduate Degree in Sports Science (2:1 minimum)
2. Working towards a UKSCA or NSCA CSCS Accreditation having the ability to obtain within 6 months of being in post
3. Desirable - FA Fitness Trainers Award
1. Experience delivering warm-up, cool-down, flexibility, core strength and stability, speed, agility, sprint training and coaching Olympic weightlifting to a high professional standard.
2. Experience of working in a sporting environment supporting athletes in a Strength and Conditioning capacity.
3. Experience of how to modify and develop conditioning programmes according to the results of specific needs analysis.
1. A personality that brings a positive impact to our elite environment.
2. Be proactive networking with fellow sports science practitioners sharing information and ideas of how to improve practice.
3. Excellent presentation and communication skills that can motivate behavioural change to have a positive impact on performance.
Applicants must be accepted on to the full-time MRes Sport & Exercise course at the University of Wolverhampton. Please click on the following links for further details about the bursary and access to the application pack.
Deadline - 13th June 2018
Interviews - Week commencing 23rd July 2018
Dr Tina Smith, University of Wolverhampton Email: firstname.lastname@example.org