Employer: Queen Mary University of London
Contract type: Full time
Contract duration: Fixed term - three years
Salary: from £55,840 to £59,028
About the Role:
The successful candidate will work with the SEM and WHRI Education leads to contribute to the development and teaching of post-graduate modules on the QMUL MSc/PGDip in Sports & Exercise Medicine. There will be particular responsibility for development of a new MSc programme.
The role includes the design and delivery of high-quality SEM teaching, administration and research within the Centre of Experimental Medicine & Rheumatology and School of Medicine and Dentistry (SMD). Specific tasks are to:
- Maintain and build a programme of research in exercise medicine.
- Develop and lead a new “MSc in Exercise as Medicine for Clinicians” including four new modules.
- Develop networks of clinical exercise providers who can support teaching and research at QMUL and Barts Health NHS trust.
- Contribute to leadership of our fully equipped Human Performance Laboratory including front-line maintenance and liaison with equipment suppliers.
- Undertake human performance data analysis.
- Undertake scholarly activity to enrich your development as a researcher and educator, including public engagement and evidence translation.
- You are skilled in one or more SEM areas and seek new challenges for the application of high-level skills.
- You have demonstrable capability in teaching and research.
About the School/Department/Institute/Project:
We host the QMUL PGT programme in Sports and Exercise Medicine, the longest-running course in the specialty, and a thriving intercalated BSc programme. The faculty have a wide range of research interests.
QMUL and SMD has world-leading research and clinical delivery in diabetes, mental health, cardiovascular disease, inflammation, neurological conditions, artificial intelligence and more.
About Queen Mary:
At QMUL, we believe that a diversity of ideas helps us achieve the previously unthinkable.
Throughout our history, we’ve fostered social justice and improved lives through academic excellence. And we continue to live and breathe this spirit today, not because it’s simply ‘the right thing to do’ but for what it helps us achieve and the intellectual brilliance it delivers.
We continue to embrace diversity of thought and opinion in everything we do, in the belief that when views collide, disciplines interact, and perspectives intersect, truly original thought takes form.
Queen Mary’s commitment to our diverse and inclusive community is embedded in our appointments processes.
We offer competitive salaries, access to a generous pension scheme, 30 days’ leave per annum (pro-rata for part-time/fixed-term), a season ticket loan scheme and access to a comprehensive range of personal and professional development opportunities. In addition, we offer a range of work life balance and family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and campus facilities including an on-site nursery at the Mile End campus.
The post is based at the Mile End Campus in London. It is a full-time (35 hours per week), fixed-term appointment for 3 years, with an expected start date of September 2021. The starting salary will be Grade 7, in the range of £ 55,840 - £59,028 per annum, inclusive of London Allowance.
Informal enquiries should be addressed to email@example.com
Interviews are expected to be held on 7 September 2021 or shortly thereafter.