Employer: Loughborough University
Salary: £24,771 - £29,515
Contract: Full time, fixed term
Loughborough Sport is currently inviting applications for a Physiologist
to join the Sports Science team, to develop and deliver physiology support to
members of the public, professional sports people and Loughborough University
Performance Sport Teams.
The successful candidate will possess a post-graduate qualification in exercise physiology or related field, have a minimum of one year experience of providing physiology support to athletes/coaches, and have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills.
The key areas of responsibility include:
• Delivery of the commercial arm of the physiology service – lab (and some field)-based physiology testing (mainly cycling and running) with members of the public and professional sports people from a wide range of sports and backgrounds.
• Provide written reports and feedback to customers of the commercial service.
• Contribute to the marketing and the use of social media to promote the service.
• Liaise with customers (individuals, organisations and partners on campus) to develop and deliver bespoke packages of sports science support, in conjunction with other support staff and departments on campus.
• Design and deliver both lab and field-based physiology support to Loughborough University Performance Sport Teams (focus on endurance sports).
• Work collaboratively with fellow practitioners (strength & conditioning, nutrition and sports medicine) and coaches to deliver performance impacting sports science support to Loughborough University Performance Sport teams
• Assist in the development of physiology placement students.
Vacancy website address