Employer: University of Wolverhampton
Reference: MRes/UoW Lab 2019
Bursary: A tuition fee waiver (worth £6250) to cover tuition fees for full-time study of the MRes Sport and Exercise (Home/EU; 1 year max)
Contract type: Fixed term, part-time
Closing date: 16 June 2019
The University of Wolverhampton is offering a tuition fee waiver (worth £6250) for applicants interested in studying the MRes Sport and Exercise (1 year F-T) at the University of Wolverhampton, and undertaking a sports science laboratory assistant studentship for the duration of the course.
The tuition fee waiver will cover full course fees (equivalent to Full Home/EU Fees, 1 year max) for full-time study of the MRes Sport and Exercise and in exchange the successful applicant will work part-time within the Department of Sport Laboratories at the University of Wolverhampton (Walsall campus). While undertaking this work benefits include: being mentored by academic staff with applied practice and research expertise; developing practical skills in physiological and biomechanical assessment of individuals; gaining experience working as part of multidisciplinary team; developing experience of safe and effective work practices in human performance laboratories; and gaining an opportunity to support/contribute to research projects as well as consultancy with a new environmental chamber being launched for the 2019-20 academic year.
To assist the work of the academic and technical team in the running and functioning of a diverse human performance laboratory. This will include support of research and income generation activity with a variety of individual and team sports athletes. Engage in CPD activities, mentor and staff meetings, and related administration. Also assist with sport and exercise science related outreach activities and initiatives.
Applicant suitability for the above role will be determined based on the following criteria:
1. Undergraduate Degree in Sports Science (or related area), 2:1 minimum with demonstrable experience of working within laboratories
2. Desirable: Student membership of BASES (or similar)
1. Experience delivering sport and exercise science support
2. Experience of undertaking research in the field of sport and exercise science.
1. A desire to follow a career within the field of sport and exercise science
2. A keen interest in research and applied practice within the area of exercise physiology (essential) and environmental physiology (desirable).
3. Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
4. The ability to work independently and as part of a team
5. Excellent communication skills (e.g. with clients)
Applicants for the studentship must be accepted on to the full-time MRes Sport & Exercise course at the University of Wolverhampton.
Information about the MRes Sport & Exercise can be found here: http://courses.wlv.ac.uk/course.asp?code=SR024P31...
Information about the bursary can be found here
Vacancy website address: http://bit.ly/30zJHOX
Vacancy email address: email@example.com