Employer: University of Wolverhampton
Reference: MRes/WFC PA 2019
Bursary: A tuition fee waiver (worth £1000) to cover tuition fees for full-time study of the MRes Sport and Exercise (Home/EU; 1 year max)
Contract type: Fixed term, part-time
Closing date: 16 June 2019
The University of Wolverhampton are offering a bursary opportunity (Performance Analyst) in partnership with Walsall FC for applicants interested in studying the MRes Sport and Exercise at the University of Wolverhampton.
The bursary will cover partial (£1000) tuition fee costs for full-time study of the MRes Sport and Exercise (1 year max) and in exchange you will work part-time within Walsall FC Academy. The bursary will enable the successful recipient to gain experience in working within a professional sport environment alongside their MRes Sport and Exercise studies.
To provide support, under supervision, to the Walsall FC coaching staff in the operation of the analysis program, particularly around the filming, coding and editing of match & training footage and the collation of statistical data. The role involves undertaking the following responsibilities: filming and capturing of match & training footage; coding of games using Dartfish software; editing and distributing footage amongst the coaching staff, assisting in the collating and recording of Key Performance Indicators from matches and, collating and producing a database of all Team & Individual KPI’s.
Applicant suitability for the above role will be determined based on the following criteria:
1. Undergraduate Degree in Sports Science (or related area; 2:1 minimum).
1. Experience of high performance sport
2. Experience of using Dartfish (or similar software) and Mac platform
3. Experience of data processing and analysis using Excel, specialist software relevant to the field sport science and SPSS (or similar statistical analysis software).
1. An interest in researching in sport performance analysis
2. Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
3. The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Applicants must be accepted on to the full-time MRes Sport & Exercise course at the University of Wolverhampton.
Information about the MRes Sport & Exercise can be found here: http://courses.wlv.ac.uk/course.asp?code=SR024P31...
Information about the bursary can be found here: https://www.wlv.ac.uk/about-us/our-schools-and-in...
Vacancy website address
Vacancy email address: email@example.com