Employer: University of Wolverhampton and Walsall FC
Reference: MRes/WFC SS 2019
Bursary: A tuition fee waiver (worth £2,000) partial (£2000) tuition fee costs for full-time study of the MRes Sport and Exercise (1 year max) and in exchange you will work part-time within Walsall FC Academy
Contract type: Fixed term, part-time
Closing date: 16 June 2019
The bursary will cover partial (£2000) tuition fee costs for full-time study of the MRes Sport and Exercise (1 year max) and in exchange you will work part-time within Walsall FC Academy. The bursary will enable the successful recipient to gain experience in working within a professional sport environment alongside their MRes Sport and Exercise studies.
To work as an assistant sport scientist at the Walsall FC Academy providing sport science support, under supervision, to the Academy programme in line with EPPP guidelines. Contributing to the physical preparation of players for training/matches and daily monitoring of training load (e.g., heart rate analysis, subjective indicators of exertion). Assisting in the assessment of physical (anthropometric) and physiological fitness (laboratory and field-based) at strategic time-points throughout the playing season, providing detailed feedback to inform exercise prescription. Delivery of on-field and gym-based conditioning programmes, under supervision, and monitoring of progress.
Applicant suitability for the above role will be determined based on the following criteria:
1. Undergraduate Degree in Sports Science (or related area; 2:1 minimum).
1. Experience of high performance sport
2. Experience of sport science support (paid or unpaid)
3. Experience of data processing and analysis using Excel, specialist software relevant to the field of sport science and SPSS (or similar statistical analysis software).
1. An interest in researching in sport science
2. Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
3. The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Applicants must be accepted on to the full-time MRes Sport & Exercise course at the University of Wolverhampton.
Information about the MRes Sport & Exercise can be found here: http://courses.wlv.ac.uk/course.asp?code=SR024P31...
Information about the bursary can be found here: https://www.wlv.ac.uk/about-us/our-schools-and-in...
Vacancy website address
Vacancy email address: email@example.com