Employer: Premier League
Contract: Full time
The Premier League is looking to recruit another Elite Performance Manager to support their mission of
developing more and better Home Grown Players. The Elite Performance function aim to facilitate and
empower Clubs to create World Leading Performance support systems to aid and inform player
recruitment, development and transition along the player pathway.
The purpose of the role will be to assist clubs to implement all aspects of the Elite Player Performance
Plan (EPPP) through the delivery of key performance support initiatives and ensure the Premier League
continues to play a key leadership and support role for clubs and their staff. It is critical the individual has
the technical expertise in their domain and leadership ability to add significant value to existing high
Who we are
The Premier League is home to some of the most competitive and compelling football in the world. The
League and its clubs use the power and popularity of the competition to inspire fans, communities and
partners in the UK and across the world. The Premier League brings people together from all
backgrounds. It is a competition for everyone, everywhere and is available to watch in over 1 billion
homes in 189 countries.
We have a wide variety of responsibilities. These include organising the competition and its Rule Book as
well as managing the centralised broadcast and commercial rights. The work we do in conjunction with
the Clubs also goes far beyond the 90 minutes. We support and provide a framework for youth
development, we protect the organisation’s intellectual property, support the wider game and community
programmes, undertake international development work and liaise with governing bodies and other
- Support the Head of Elite Performance in providing clear direction to the Youth Department of the
Premier League and its strategic priorities.
- Visit clubs to work on agreed Club specific action plans in collaboration with the other Elite
Performance Manager and Club Support Managers to identify how elite performance support can be
assessed, evaluated and improved in line with the requirements of the EPPP
- Support the Clubs in the delivery of their Academy Performance Plan
- Support Clubs in preparation for ISO audit and provide support for the delivery of annual reports
• Develop and deliver specific continuing professional development programmes for Academy
Management, Coaching and Elite Performance staff in Premier League and Category 1 Academies
- Support the delivery of the various ongoing projects such as National Benchmark Fitness Testing,
Growth and Maturation, PL2 Technical Analysis, BASES Accreditation and Injury Surveillance projects
and the dissemination of club specific and nationally benchmarked data to clubs via annual reports.
- Contribute and deliver on current coaching projects such as the Elite Coach Apprenticeship
Scheme (ECAS) and the Elite Head of Coaching (EHOC) project
- Contribute to the development of the Performance Management Application (PMA).
Research and Innovation
- Play a key role in supporting the direction, delivery and development of a Research Strategy
relating to the data created from the EPPP process and Elite Performance projects and how it may be
used to aid player development programmes
- Contribute to the development of ‘Best Practice’ guidelines and recommendations to support the
development of young players within Academies.
- Identify the latest Elite Performance Research findings and make recommendations on how these
can be integrated into working practices across all aspects of the Academy System
- From time to time, undertake other duties as necessary to meet the needs of the Premier League
Requirements for the role
- MSc in Sports Science, Psychology, Sports Medicine, Performance Analysis or a related subject
- Previous experience working in a high-performance environment with elite athletes and coaches
- Understanding of the research process and how research can be used to aid player development
programmes within the EPPP
- Ability to manage multiple projects across a number of disciplines
- Leadership experience in an elite performance environment
- Experience of writing and implementing performance plans
- High level communication, written and organisational skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- DBS clearance – to be obtained via Premier League, prior to job offer
Nice-to-haves for the role
- PhD in Sports Science, Psychology, Sports Medicine, Performance Analysis, or a related subject
- British Psychological Society (BPS), BASES Accredited or equivalent professional accreditation /
- UEFA Football Coaching Qualification or relevant football experience
- Experience of working in an elite Youth Development environment
The Premier League is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of
the community. All appointments will be made based on merit.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and cover letter. The closing date for
applications is Monday 24 December 2018.