The National Institute of Education (NIE) is among the world’s top education institutes, recognised for its excellence in teacher education and educational research. NIE has played a key and pivotal role in shaping and developing Singapore’s teaching profession and landscape through evidence-informed, practice-focused and values-based programmes and initiatives.
An autonomous institute situated within the research-intensive Nanyang Technological University, NIE is consistently ranked within the top 15 in the world for research impact in the field of Education.
The Physical Education and Sports Science Academic Group (PESS) at the National Institute of Education in Singapore offers programmes in teacher education specialising in physical education. PESS prides itself on its international faculty with a diverse and wide-ranging expertise. We are committed to educating our students to be independent, critical and creative thinkers, as well as well-prepared practitioners in the fields of physical education, sports science, sports studies, sports management and sports pedagogy. We provide up-to-date theoretical and practical knowledge and aim to inspire, lead and motivate the youth of our future. Faculty members have access to state-of-the art sports science laboratories and fully-equipped sports facilities.
We invite suitably qualified applicants to apply for Assistant Professor position in Physical Education and Sport Pedagogy.Requirements
The successful candidates should satisfy the following criteria:
1. A PhD in physical education and sport pedagogy.
2. A strong record of research and publications in related areas including the ability to secure and manage competitive grants and an emerging record of publications in reputable peer-reviewed international journals.
3. A good track record in university teaching and research, preferably at an institution of good standing and / or a promising trajectory in research and publication.
4. Evidence of excellence in teaching, and understanding of school practice
5. A teaching qualification in Physical Education would be an advantage.
6. Experience in supervision of graduate students is an advantage.
7. Leadership in research management (e.g. research grants received) and experience in curriculum development.Responsibilities
The successful applicants are expected to be engaged in teaching in academic and activity courses (e.g. track and field, tennis, and badminton), teaching supervision, associated research, graduate supervision, and some administrative work.Application
Please complete and send the prescribed application form obtainable from the NIE website (http://www.nie.edu.sg/about-us/careers#submit-an-application) together with your detailed curriculum vitae, which should include competence and experience in teaching academic and practical PE areas, areas of research interest, list of publications and names and addresses, a letter of application indicating in what ways you meet the criteria for the post, email addresses or fax numbers of three academic referees to:
Director, Human Resource
National Institute of Education
1 Nanyang Walk Singapore 637616
Tel: (65) 6790 3098 Fax: (65) 6896 9360
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgNote to applicants
We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).Other Information
More information on PESS AG can be found at https://www.nie.edu.sg/our-people/academic-groups...
Preliminary communication can be directed to Associate Professor Koh Koon Teck, Head of PESS at email@example.com