Employer: Rangers Football Club
Contract type: Full time
Contract duration: 3 years
An exciting opportunity has arisen to undertake a fully funded applied PhD Studentship in conjunction with the University of Birmingham and Rangers FC. The purpose of this role is to combine postgraduate research with the development of practitioner based applied sport science skills developed through assisting in the delivery of the sport science and fitness strategy at the Academy at Rangers. The position will be for a 3-year period subject to the satisfactory progress of the individual in the role.
As part of the Academy Performance team and as a doctoral student, the key responsibilities of this role are:
• To plan and complete a programme of research suitable for a PhD related to football performance
• Engage with a programme of applied sport science related training associated with the development of relevant competencies for applied practice within elite football
• Assist in the support of the delivery of the Academy performance strategy in areas such as: Data collection, management and analysis, development and delivery of on-pitch and gym-based training sessions, regular performance testing and associated interpretation and reporting of results, and attendance at selected games and training camps.
• To fulfil the academic, professional, and personal requirements associated with the completion of tasks linked to the completion of doctoral level postgraduate research and the role of a trainee practitioner in elite football .
• Sports Science or related experience in elite sport.
Education and Qualifications:
• Essential: BSc in Sport Science or related field
• Desirable: Post graduate qualification in Sport Science or related field.
• Sound knowledge and practical experience of Sports Science & Coaching techniques.
• Experience of engaging with players within an elite football environment ideally within the context of sport science related activities
• Demonstrate activity related to accreditation with a professional body relevant to sport and exercise science
• Engaging personality and able influencer with the ability to adapt to fresh challenges.
• Excellent communication skill both written and verbal with the ability to manage time effectively and efficiently to achieve all aspect of role is a prerequisite.
• Good team player, as well as ability to work on own initiative. Flexible approach to working hours a must.
EQUALITY & INCLUSION:
Rangers Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity.
Rangers Football Club also welcomes applications from suitably qualified members of the armed forces family.
The candidate must keep up to date with new methods and undertake any necessary internal or external training sessions in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures. Successful candidates will undertake a PVG check.
To apply for this opportunity, submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
THE CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MONDAY 9TH AUGUST 2021.