Location: Eugene, OR USA
Package Description: Accountable to the development of planning and world class delivery to sports where there is identified lead responsibility. This program will assess and enhance athlete readiness, performance, and recovery for elite student athletes. Will also assist in monitoring processes both within the weight room and on the field and the implementation of speed, strength, conditioning and flexibility programs for football student-athletes. Will adopt a problem-solving approach to optimizing performance while promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program, regulations of the university, the Pac-12 Conference, and NCAA. Responsible for promoting the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics programs, including adherence to all department policies and procedures, as well as the rules and regulations of the university, Pac-12 Conference and the NCAA.
Sports Science Delivery
• Deliver a support program that is evidence based with fixed assessment and review points, aimed at improving on field performance and reducing injury risk.
• Continuously deliver innovative performance solutions to support the coaching process and develop performance.
• Provide innovative solutions for data management and feedback mechanisms.
• Transfer practical expert solutions to key coaching, service provision and management staff, whilst actively seeking their interactive guidance and feedback.
• Act as a team leader and coordinate sports science service delivery for identified sports.
• Contribute to ensuring consistency for athletes when they work with performance staff.
• Facilitate effective communication between interdisciplinary team members.
• Identify optimal performance training resources and develop and implementation strategies to enhance utilization.
• Develop and disseminate education to maximize athlete health and wellness.
• Collaborate with content experts and staff to develop protocols to enhance and monitor athlete readiness and recovery.
Sports Science Planning
• Plan a support program that is evidence based with fixed assessment and review points typically on a 12 month cycle.
• Evaluate acquisition and implementation of performance technology.
• Supervise, direct and lead junior staff and interns where appropriate.
• Facilitate collaboration and coordination of resources across the multidisciplinary team.
• Monitor, collect, and integrate data from multiple areas relevant to optimizing student athlete performance.
• Interpret and present information in the most appropriate format for coaches and athletes, in a timely manner explaining scientific information in a user-friendly manner fit for specific users and purposes.
• Ensure the quality, reliability, accuracy and entry time of data is optimized.
• Assist in the development, support and implementation of quality assurance and standardized best practice procedures whilst ensuring that all program are individually tailored to enhance the performance of athletes given their specific circumstances.
• Ensure an interdisciplinary team approach and promote a 'service team' model.
• Interface with external partners where appropriate to ensure best practices are followed.
• Maintain current CPR, First Aid and other relevant certifications.
Other duties as assigned by supervisor
• Master’s Degree in exercise physiology, kinesiology or related field.
• Three years' post-graduate experience in providing performance support to collegiate, professional or elite level athletes.
• Experience developing and delivering field and sports specific assessments.
• Experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of periodized programs for athletes.
• One year experience within a multi-disciplinary team which may have involved managing staff and wider resources.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Accreditation within the discipline (i.e. BASES HPSA or ESSA ASpS)
• Experience and understanding of the applied disciplines of sport science
• Experience with athlete tracking technologies (i.e. GPS, heart rate, motion capture)
• Data management experience
• Experience with a diverse range of populations
• Driving License with ability to obtain a University of Oregon Driver’s Certificate.
Position is subject to a background check.
Vacancy Web Address: http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/519933/sports-science-coordinator
Vacancy Email Address: http://careers.uoregon.edu/cw/en-us/job/519933/sports-science-coordinator