GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) currently has an opportunity for a Sport Scientist (GSK Human Performance Lab) to work at their site in Brentford, South East England.
At GSK, one of the world's leading healthcare businesses, we discover, develop and produce products that help people live longer, do more and feel better.
GSK is looking to identify qualified candidates for the roles of Sport Scientist in the GSK Human Performance Lab. These positions will be integral to the delivery of performance support and research in the Human Performance Lab. This position will be accountable to the Human Performance Lab. Director of Research & Development (R&D) and will be based in Brentford, West London.
The GSK Human Performance Lab
The GSK Human Performance Lab is a brand new, state of the art facility purpose-designed to deliver cutting edge performance services and R&D. Due to open in summer 2013, and with a mission to 'break through the limits of human performance', the Human Performance Lab. is a part of the Nutrition category of GSK Consumer Healthcare. Engaging in performance support of our high performance partners and discovery R&D, the Human Performance Lab aims to be a world leader in the science of performance and will enable and support GSK and its brands.
• To assist with the sports science support of high performance clients at the GSK Human Performance Lab.
• To assist with the delivery of discovery research on the limits of human performance
• To assist R&D to enable and support the delivery of new products, claims and technology development programmes for the Nutrition category and Consumer Healthcare
• To deliver sport science support to Human Performance Lab. partners through protocol delivery, data interpretation and feedback
• To build and maintain high-quality relationships with key Human Performance Lab. partners
• To develop a specific area of technical expertise in sport science relevant to the Human Performance Lab (e.g. physiology, nutrition, strength and conditioning, biochemistry) and is responsible for training self and others in this area
• To undertake research and development activities under the direction of his/her line manager, including reviewing literature, developing research proposals, conducting trials, producing and delivering scientific communications
• To contribute to Human Performance Lab. promotional activities, including workshops and roundtable discussions, external scientific conferences, generating HPL website content and thought leadership activities
• To contribute to Human Performance Lab. technical standards and quality assurance (e.g. protocol development, equipment precision and reliability, quality management procedures) and responsible for training self and others in technology and laboratory responsibilities.
• A minimum of a BSc (Hons) degree and preferably a MSc degree in Sport Science, Nutrition or a related subject
• Expertise in one or more of exercise physiology, nutrition, strength and conditioning and biochemistry
• Significant practical experience of delivering sport science support to high performance clients; preferably with appropriate professional accreditation (e.g. BASES accreditation)
• Experience of developing high quality, performance-based relationships with clients
• Significant practical experience of conducting applied research trials in human subjects
• Demonstrated ability to co-ordinate team and project activity, including operating with external partners
• Demonstrated ability to apply scientific principles and techniques to assigned projects
• Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask
• Computer literate; familiarity with statistics and project management principles
• Excellent team working skills
• Collaborative style with ability to influence
• Strong written and oral communications skills with demonstrable skills in oral presentations to both internal staff and other functions
• Self-reliant, flexible, with good time management skills with ability to operate in an empowered environment
• Demonstrated personal achievement in previous role/s
The closing date for applications is the 13th June 2013.
At GSK we provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
For confidential consideration and efficient processing, please apply online via GSK's online application system by clicking on the Apply button.
Thank you for taking the time and effort to apply for this role. All data processed in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
GSK is an equal opportunities employer and is proud to promote an open culture, encouraging people to be themselves and giving their ideas a chance to flourish. To enable GSK to meet its commitment as a two ticks employer please let us know if you have a disability.
Vacancy Web Address: https://careers.peopleclick.com/careerscp/client_gsk/external1931/jobDetails.do?functionName=getJobDetail&jobPostId=208934&localeCode=en-us