The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Advisory Board – Position available for book and app review editor
If you are energetic, highly organised, detail-oriented and up-to-date with current developments, then a position on the The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Advisory Board may be for you. We are looking for an individual to manage the ‘Reviews – books and apps’ page in The Sport and Exercise Scientist. The role involves selecting books and apps for review, obtaining reviewers, managing the review submission process through to publication, and liaising with the Editor.
Although the reviews editor’s primary duty will be managing the books and apps reviews page, we expect this person to be a full member of The Sport and Exercise Scientist Editorial Advisory Board. We have four 90-minute reviewing and planning phone-meetings per year and e-mail correspondence in between.
Editorial Advisory Board members are normally appointed on a 2-3 years term.
How to apply
Please contact the Editor, Dr Claire Hitchings FBASES firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 27 March. Please provide brief relevant information about your suitability for the post, explaining a) why you are interested in this role and b) what skill sets you could bring for managing the book and app reviewing (300 words in total maximum)
- Familiarity with current issues within sport and exercise sciences.
- Interest in books and apps.
- Good honours degree.
- BASES member.
- Normally be expected to be BASES accredited or be able to demonstrate a level of experience and competence equivalent.
- Strong editing, proofreading and fact-checking skills.
- Excellent organisational, time management, communication, interpersonal and writing skills.
- Able to work closely with others in a team environment and independently.
- Able to achieve targets with tight deadlines.
- Able to network and build relationships with publishers, potential reviewers and BASES members.
Keep up-to-date - follow BASES on Twitter @basesuk and Instagram bases_uk and like us on Facebook /BASESUK and LinkedIn BASESUK