BASES Undergraduate Endorsement Scheme (BUES)
The Association’s endorsement scheme endorses sport and exercise science undergraduate courses and is a recognised standard for all sport and exercise science undergraduate degree programmes. Our assessment criteria ensure that only the highest calibre courses achieve our endorsement award. Endorsement gives university departments credibility and status evidence. For students, BUES provides a reliable list of meticulously tested courses and ensures that students' investments are rewarded with a high standard of education.
For more information visit www.bases.org.uk/Benefits-of-BASES-endorsement
Key Endorsement Criteria:
- Programmes should engage students for a minimum of 10% of student effort time in each of the three disciplinary areas of Biomechanics, Physiology and Psychology.
- A minimum of 5% of student effort time should be dedicated to providing students with exposure to the inter-disciplinary study of sport and exercise science.
- A minimum of 150 hours (total) of practical field-based/laboratory experience, across the three discipline areas, should be included in the programme.
- Programmes must include at least 5% of student effort time in ‘research methods’.
- The programme team must comprise at least two BASES Accredited Sport and Exercise Scientists
Important Documents and Application Dates
Submissions dates are 6 Jan, 6 May and 6 Sept.
BUES Application Guidelines
BUES Application Form
Example of a Completed Application Form
BUES Applications: Please email your application to email@example.com
BUES Enquiries: Please direct all enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org
The BUES fee for the first course submitted is £1,000 + VAT. The Endorsement application fee for additional courses is £250 + VAT per course. Endorsement will be for a period of five (5) years. If your application is not accepted a refund of £800 will be made.
Keep up-to-date - follow BASES on Twitter @basesuk and Instagram bases_uk and like BASES on Facebook /BASESUK and LinkedIn BASESUK