BASES-FEPSAC Conference 2017 will be a joint conference combining BASES Conference 2017 with the 2017 FEPSAC European Sport Psychology Conference. FEPSAC is the European Federation of Sport Psychology.
The two-day conference will be the usual BASES Conference with sessions for biomechanists, physiologists and psychologists; crossing the spectrum from physical activity for health to sport and performance. The psychology strand is very much enhanced for this year’s event.
BASES is delighted to announce its two psychology-strand keynote speakers for BASES-FEPSAC Conference 2017:
- Dr Angus Mugford, Head of Performance Services, Toronto Blue Jays - Developing a high performance culture: Recommendations for research and practice
- Prof Cathy Craig, Queen’s University Belfast, N. Ireland - Virtual reality technology: what use can it have in sport?
The following psychology-specific sessions are now confirmed:
- Prof Jens Kleinert, Dr Göran Kenttä, Dr Nadine Debois and Dr Kate Goodger - Mental health problems in elite athletes: systems, challenges, and recommendations for practice
- Prof Paul Wylleman and Dr Kristoffer Henriksen - Challenges in the provision of psychology support for performance excellence during the Rio Olympic Games
- Prof Antonis Hatzigeorgiadis and Prof Anne-Marie Elbe - Interdisciplinary research on physical activity interventions targeting obesity and smoking cessation
- Prof Maurizio Bertollo, Prof Lorenza Colzato and Prof Christopher Ring - Sport psychophysiology
- Dr Jennifer Cumming and Dr Camilla Knight - Uncovering the process of a strengths-based approach to mental skills training with young people
- Prof Cathy Craig, Prof Rita Cordovil, Dr Rita de Oliveira and Prof Keith Davids - Direct perception in applied contexts.
To view the full BASES programme click here (further sessions tbc).
Abstract submission deadlines:
Free communication presentation deadline: Thursday 1 June 2017
Poster and 5 slides in 5 minutes free communication presentations deadline: Monday 3 July 2017.
What to expect from BASES-FEPSAC Conference 2017:
- Two-day sport and exercise science programme packed with world-leading insight and experience
- A FEPSAC-specific strand: Sport and Exercise Psychology - an interdisciplinary perspective
- Present your research (free communication and poster sessions) and gain a publication in theJournal of Sports Sciences
- Rub shoulders with world-leading experts
- Open doors to opportunities via the largest UK sport and exercise science network
- Engaging content including invited keynotes and symposia
- Five BASES re-accreditation credits per day
- Awards available to reward outstanding research. For BASES-FEPSAC Conference 2017 there will be additional awards – the FEPSAC Poster Awards for Young Researchers in Sport and Exercise Psychology
The BASES-FEPSAC Conference 2017 will take place on Tuesday 28 and Wednesday 29 November 2017, at the prestigious Nottingham's East Midlands Conference Centre.
For all the Conference details click here and to secure your place click here.
Keep up-to-date and join the event’s Facebook page and follow BASES on Twitter @basesuk and Instagram bases_uk and like us on Facebook /BASESUK and LinkedIn BASESUK