BASES Conference Grants
Number Offered: 5 each year (one per Division)
Target BASES Membership Category: Professional (for the past two years)
Application Closing Date: Deadline for free communication abstract submission
Results Available: Within a month of the application closing date
The BASES Conference Grants aim to assist researchers to present free communications at the BASES Conference. Five grants of £399 are available.
- The applicant is a Professional Member of BASES and has been for the past two years.
- The applicant is the presenting author.
- The applicant has read the Terms and Conditions of the BASES Conference Grants.
- Only free communications presentations are eligible. Poster presentations are not eligible.
- The applicant has not received a BASES Conference Grant within the past 3 years.
- The applicant will need to apply for the grant when submitting the abstract via the on-line submission form. S/he will be asked to detail her/his service to BASES (200 words maximum).
- Each application is assessed against the following criteria: the impact and interest of the abstract; and the applicant’s service to BASES.
- The five BASES Divisions are: Biomechanics and Motor Behaviour; Physical Activity for Health, Psychology; Physiology and Nutrition; Sport and Performance.
Terms and Conditions
- In making an application for a grant, the applicant agrees to abide by each of the terms and conditions contained within this schedule, upon and following any award of a grant.
- This schedule, together with the requirements set out in the application guidelines and any subsequent grant offer letter, constitute the agreement between BASES and the recipient.
- BASES Conference Grants are to cover 2-day conference registration costs only. If the author registers for only 1-day conference attendance, the £399 grant will be pro-rated accordingly.
- The grant recipients are responsible for registering themselves for the BASES Conference.
- BASES reserves the right to publish wining abstracts in The Sport and Exercise Scientist.
- The grant awarded shall not be used for any purpose other than that stated in the grant offer letter.
- Recipients of a grant can only apply for a grant every 3 years.
- The grants are awarded by the Division Chairs.
- The decision is final in all cases and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Grants will not be made in the absence of submissions of sufficient merit.
- Presenters shall use the BASES PowerPoint Title Slide.
- To receive the grant recipients of a grant shall within four weeks of the grant award letter submit an expense claim form, including proof of conference registration to Jane Bairstow.
- If an expense claim form is not received within four weeks of the grant award letter, recipients will not receive the grant and will be ineligible for funding again.
- The payment of a grant is subject, at all times, to BASES being satisfied that all these conditions are being complied with. Failure to do so may result in grant entitlements being rescinded, and grant payments having to be refunded to BASES.