A New Exercise Professional Qualification has arrived.
BASES Certified Exercise Practitioner
Raising the bar for professional quality assurance in those wishing to use
Sport and Exercise Science Degrees to establish credibility
In order to become a BASES certified Exercise Practitioner the individual must meet the following criteria:
1. BASES membership (professional, student or graduate)
2. Bachelors and/or post graduate study in Sport/Exercise Science that is either;
BASES endorsed (BUES) or
Includes a suite of studies in physiology, psychology and movement analysis that meet BUES criteria.
3. Demonstrate practical vocational knowledge and skills by holding an advanced exercise instructors’ qualification.
One of the following:
- Skills Active Level 4 Recognised Qualification, which is recognised by REPs (there is not obligation to be a member of REPs)
- Courses recognised for REPs level 4 click here
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist (ACSM EP-C)
Members are advised to attend an appropriate safeguarding children and vulnerable adults workshop if required by the nature of their work.
To maintain certification this must be renewed every three years with a minimum of 36 CPD hours gained through attending for example BASES workshops, BASES conference or REPs recognised courses. Please provide a list of where your hours have been obtained.
Click here for the pdf flyer
If you have any queries regarding CEP you must read the FAQs below to see if your question is answered. Please do not call the BASES office - the contact email for CEP enquiries is in the FAQs below. Thank you.
Click here for FAQs
Click here for an application form
Click here for a renewal form (only for current holders of CEP)